As a father, husband, and active member of my community, I care deeply about the issues that confront us – locally, regionally, and statewide. The legal system can be – and should be – not just a means of resolving disputes and punishing criminals, but also a way of improving our communities and our Commonwealth. I believe in:
- Worker’s Rights & Collective Bargaining
- Marriage Equality
- Reproductive Rights
- Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Single-Payer Healthcare
- Anti-Discrimination Laws
- Environmental Protection
- Fair Tax Policy
Massachusetts needs capable, even-handed judges, and we need Governor’s Councilors who put aside petty differences to focus on the job.
An attorney and member of the Westfield School Committee, I have a record of standing my ground for what’s right, but can compromise to get things done. I will bring this approach to the Governor’s Council.
I have handled family law, housing and real estate, criminal, civil, and public interest cases, and this experience will inform my service on the Governor’s Council. I am the only attorney in the race; my knowledge of the court system will make me an effective Councilor.
My endorsers include:
- Sheriffs Mike Ashe, Tom Bowler, Chris Donelan
- State Senators Gale Candaras, Ben Downing, Stan Rosenberg
- State Representatives Sean Curran, Peter Kocot, Stephen Kulik, Paul Mark, Smitty Pignatelli, John Scibak, Ellen Story
- North Adams Mayor Richard Alcombright
- Northampton Mayor David Narkewicz
- Former Berkshire Brigades Chair Lee Harrison
- Governor’s Councilor Tom Merrigan
- Hampden DA Mark Mastroianni
- Northwest DA David Sullivan
- Franklin Register of Probate John Merrigan
- Hampden Register of Probate Tom Moriarty
I would be honored to have the support of Berkshire Brigades.
Kevin J. Sullivan